No more compiling paper receipts, stuffing envelopes, buying stamps and traipsing to the post office. At last, we’re moving expense claims in to the 21st century.
Here’s how you claim online:
- Log in to your agency database.
- Click on “Pay” at the top.
- Click on “Claim Expenses”.
- Click on “Allow” to give us access to your webcam (If you don’t see this, your browser might not support access to your camera. We recommend getting the latest version of Google Chrome if that is the case)
You have a few different options for claiming receipts:
- Using your webcam to photograph the receipt.
- Dragging copies of the receipts (you may have photographed them earlier) on to your expense claim.
Right. So, this is how we do it:
- Click on the date of the job that you are claiming for.
- Use one of the two options above to add a receipt.
- Add the type of expense from the drop down, the value of the claim and any note you want to add. For instance, you might upload a receipt of £/$8 but only be claiming your allowance of £/$5.
- Click “Add Receipt”
While each receipt uploads, you can continue with the next one, making the whole process very quick.
The section right below the form shows you the receipts you’ve uploaded, and their status. If any of these turn red, it means there was a problem uploading. Just click on the red box, and it’ll show what the problem is, and let you correct it and retry.
Once you’re finished, click on “I’m done claiming”. This will show you a list of the dates you’ve just claimed for, and confirm that you want to “submit” those dates. Once you submit expenses for a date, you won’t be able to modify those anymore, so if you still have more receipts for any of those dates, un-select them using the blue toggles to the left.
At the bottom of this page, you can also see all the jobs you’ve worked on that need expenses claimed. If you don’t have expenses to claim for either of these, please click the button “I don’t have expenses to claim for this shift”, to simplify the workload of your agency managers.
DON’T FORGET TO CLAIM: Uploading receipts is not enough, you have to *submit* the claim, otherwise the manager doesn’t know whether you have more receipts for those dates.
That’s all there is to it. Simple.